The museum that was established in 1993, is run entirely by volunteers. The museum is located beside the Irish Rail station in Dromod on the grounds of the old Cavan and Leitrim Railway yard.
Today 0.4 kilometers has been restored and remains preserved after its closure in 1959. Following the closure, all which remained in Dromod was the Station House, the engine shed and water tower. Today they have been restored and are been preserved. One of the original locos (no. 2) and one of the original carriages are preserved and on display at the Ulster Folk Park and Transport Museum, Cultra and No. 3 "Lady Edith" is in the United States at the New Jersey Museum of Transportation.
We are now closed to the public for the winter!
Enthusiasts/Members or for membership enquires please contact us either by:
Phone - (00353) 071-9638599
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently no upcoming Events...